This post is by Nancy Jardine
In September 2019, I booked the services of a Book Blog Tour organiser for the first time, any previous tours for launches of my novels having been organised myself. Rachel Gilbey of Rachel’s Random Resources came highly recommended and I am delighted with what she has achieved.
The tours I’ve booked include potential reviews, though these can never be guaranteed because the bloggers and not paid for any services rendered. The bloggers give up their own time and effort which I greatly appreciate – whether it’s a simple promo post, an author interview, an author guest post or a promo and review. I’m absolutely delighted to have had 21 bloggers do some kind of feature, a whopping 12 of them having done a review for Book 1 The Beltane Choice (Sept 2019) and 12 reviews also garnered for Book 2 After Whorl: Bran Reborn. These reviews have not all come from the same bloggers, though many of the 12 wanted to read further into the series.
The comments on the reviews are so varied which is fabulous because it gives me as the author an insight into which aspects have appealed to particular readers and why. This helps for creating future novels.
Here are some of the comments from the November After Whorl: Bran Reborn reviews:
- “The narrative is bursting with facts and the author’s attention to detail is admirable. All this, wrapped around an intriguing narrative with fascinating characters.”
- “I am really enjoying reading about a new era of British History. There is a lot of detail is being put into the progress of the Roman invasion and what is being done by the early Celtic tribes to try to repel them! I haven’t read anything like it before, so I am looking forward to seeing how the rest of the series pans out!”
- The events, plot twists, world-building … Everything was awesome as the first book if not more.
- “I’ve already said it in my review of the first book and I will say it again Nancy Jardine Writing style is different; her words are amazing and you should read her books.”
- “As with the first book, the author gives readers a map with locations in the book and a list of characters which helps understand the book and the timeline better. I always love the historical context she includes at the end of the book. It really put things in perspective for me. I will anxiously be awaiting the next book to see where Jardine takes us next.”
Tours have been organised for Books 3 & 4 and the bloggers and readers can look forward to these in December 2019 and January 2020. I’ll be keen to see what my new ‘fans’ think of the rest of the series.
Don’t forget to look out for the newest Ocelot Press novels that are launching this November 2019. They are fabulous stories!
Wishing you very Happy Reading.
Click HERE to buy After Whorl Bran Reborn – http://viewbook.at/heritis